In this mini-series, we will explore seven challenges facing affiliate marketers today.
You've no doubt had some of these challenges yourself as an affiliate marketer - but don't worry!
Each challenge will be broken down step by step, so you can overcome it.
Are you an affiliate marketer?
If so, you’re in good company with over 30 million people taking part in this business model worldwide! Over the years, I’ve come to realize that there are certain affiliate marketing challenges that come up over and over again.
These challenges aren’t limited to one type of affiliate marketer or another; they affect us all equally.
However, I’ve found that if you have time management tips in place, most of these challenges can be minimized if not completely resolved.
Challenge #1: Focusing on activity over results
One of the biggest affiliate marketing challenges is focusing on activity over results. It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day tasks and forget that your ultimate goal is to make money.
Remember, it's not about how many hours you work or how many emails you send; it's about how much money you make.
Being inconsistent: Many people who try affiliate marketing quit because they're inconsistent. They start out strong, but when they don't see the immediate success they lose motivation and give up. The key to being successful with affiliate marketing is understanding that it takes time for your efforts to be rewarded with commissions or sales.
You have to stick with it if you want those rewards; so focus on consistency! Focus (six+ sentences using the words: consistency): That way, each time you put in the effort you know there will be a reward waiting for you at the end of the month!
Focusing too much on traffic: Traffic can come and go, which means that if you are relying too heavily on it then you may find yourself struggling financially. A good rule of thumb is to spend 20% of your time building traffic and 80% promoting what you've built. If all of your promotional energy goes into driving traffic instead of finding ways to monetize that traffic, then things can easily go downhill fast.
Neglecting other sources of income: Some affiliate marketers fail by neglecting other sources of income while spending all their time trying to drive revenue from just one site or offer. A lot more people use blogs than ebooks for their blog content these days, so remember to include them as part of your overall plan!
Challenge #2: Maintaining a balance between work and leisure
It can be difficult to maintain a balance between work and leisure when you are an affiliate marketer. You may find yourself working long hours trying to meet deadlines or complete tasks. It is important to take breaks and allow yourself time to relax.
Here are some tips to help you manage your time:
1. Set realistic goals for yourself and your business.
2. Make a schedule and stick to it.
3. Take breaks when you need them.
4. Write down everything that needs to get done so you don't forget anything.
5. Set aside one day per week to plan the following week's tasks in advance.
6. Reward yourself after accomplishing something big, like meeting a goal or successfully completing a task, with something you enjoy doing, like watching your favorite TV show or going out with friends for dinner and drinks!
Discover How You Can Earn Money From Home Using This Easy Strategy For Success.
One of the most important things you can do as an affiliate marketer is to track your time. This means knowing how much time you spend on each task, and then being able to adjust accordingly. There are a few different ways to track your time, but one of the most popular is using a time tracking app.
Some of our favorites include RescueTime and Toggl. Both apps allow you to enter what tasks you’re working on at that moment and they will tell you how long it took.
With this information, it becomes easier to see where your time is going so that if something isn’t working well for you, there are adjustments that can be made!
Challenge #4: Delegating effectively
Delegating is often one of the most difficult things for affiliate marketers to do. After all, we are usually in control of our own businesses and our own time. However, if we want to be successful, we need to learn to delegate effectively.
Here are a few tips:
1. First, make a list of everything that needs to be done.
2. Next, prioritize the tasks on your list.
3. Identify which tasks you can complete yourself and which ones you can delegate to someone else.
4. Set deadlines for each task so that it gets completed by the deadline set by you or by the person who will be completing it for you (whichever is earlier).
5. Prioritize again, this time according to how urgently the task needs to get done (1 being urgent and 10 is not urgent).
6. Now, assign those tasks with an urgency level of 1-3 to the people who have been identified as capable of doing them.
7. Finally, cross off the items on your list that have been delegated!
Challenge #5: Not controlling time, but letting it control you
One of the most difficult things for affiliate marketers is learning how to control time, rather than letting it control them. It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day tasks and forget about the bigger picture. But if you want to be successful, you need to learn how to manage your time effectively.
Here are seven tips:
1. Make a list of everything you need to do in a day, week, or month. This will help you prioritize your tasks and stay on track. You'll feel more accomplished at the end of each day because you know that every item on your list has been addressed. You'll also see that some items may not need to be done at all, or can be delegated to someone else.
2. Write down three ways you can save 10 minutes per day (e.g., by switching off your computer earlier). These saved minutes might not seem like much, but they add up over time!
3. Learn to say no when appropriate so that you don't take on too many commitments.
4. Schedule blocks of uninterrupted work time into your calendar so that you're able to focus without being interrupted by other tasks.
5. Set deadlines and plan ahead as much as possible so that you have ample time to finish projects.
6. Give yourself timeouts during the day so that you aren't just constantly working from 9 am until 6 pm without taking any breaks. Don't allow yourself to become burned out; give yourself some time away from your desk, even if it's just for 20 minutes, then come back refreshed with new ideas and renewed energy.
7. Use techniques such as the Pomodoro technique to achieve short bursts of focused productivity followed by short periods of break time.
It's important to keep an eye on your hours worked and make sure you are giving yourself enough time for leisure activities like exercise and socializing with friends. Learning how to manage your time effectively is a valuable skill, one that will make you better at what you do while freeing up more time in your life.
Overwhelming is a common challenge for affiliate marketers.
When you feel like there's too much to do and not enough time to do it, take a deep breath and follow these tips:
1. Make a list of everything that needs to be done.
2. Break the tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces.
3. Delegate or outsource some of the work.
4. Set priorities and focus on one task at a time.
5. Stay organized and keep your desk clean so that it is easier to find what you need when you need it.
6. Stop multitasking - finish one thing before moving on to the next thing.
7. Be realistic about how long things will take, then plan accordingly so that there are no surprises! If you don't know how long something will take, break it down into steps and estimate those times.
Once you have your schedule set, stick to it by marking all non-negotiable items in red. Remember that other people rely on you as well, so if something unexpected comes up, delegate or reschedule appropriately without feeling guilty!
Challenge #7: Measuring productivity by output instead of outcome
When you're running your own business, it's easy to fall into the trap of measuring productivity by output instead of outcome.
For example, you might think that because you've written 10 blog posts today, you're being productive. But if none of those blog posts are going to help you make any money, then what's the point? A better way to measure your success is by looking at how much money you have made in a certain time period (e.g., this week).
By setting daily and weekly goals for yourself and measuring your progress, you'll be able to better manage your time and stay on track with achieving your financial goals. A study by Harvard Business Review found that people who set goals earn more than twice as much as people who don't.
They also found that people who set clear, specific goals for themselves were 50% more likely to meet their earnings goals. So take some time now to set clear, specific goals for yourself so you can get started right away.
Do you struggle with managing your time when it comes to affiliate marketing?
Share some tips that work well for you!
Discover How You Can Earn Money From Home Using This Easy Strategy For Success.